CRACKS LESS THAN 1/2" INCH WIDE
1. Clean crack so that it is free of all vegeta tion and debris. Remove all loose pavement from crack.
2. Install Backer Rod (must be wider than crack) into crackótop of rod 3/16 inch below surface, or fill crack with
clean sand to within 3/16 inch of surface.
3. Using a Putty Knife, Squeegee Rubber or similar tool, fill crack to refusal with Novacaulk. It is important to exert
some pressure when placing Novacaulk into the void set. Apply Novacaulk #2 three inches wider than the crack
on both sides to form a bridge and taper to a featheredge. Let this dry completelyóthis will shrink.
4. Apply a second coat of Novacaulk #2 with fiber in the same manner.
5. Allow this repair to dry and coat with Novacrylic color system of your choice.
*Make sure this patch is no deeper than º inch, or the Novacaulk will not cure properly
CRACKS OVER 1/2" INCH WIDE AND BIRDBATHS:
Method 1.) For Asphalt Courts
1. Prime area with 1 part Novabond mixed with 1 part water. This will be applied with a brush, roller or spray.
Allow to dry.
2. Dry-mix 100lb bag of sand with 1.5 gallons Portland cement. Take enough mixture out of dry material to be
used in a thirty-minute period. Add undiluted Novabond and mix to a trowel consistency. For deep patches,
use course sand. For very deep patches, use small stones. This patch should be rough, not smooth. After
patch is set, you may wish to seal with a coat of Novacaulk or Novasurface.
Method 2.) For Concrete Courts
1. Prime area with 1 part Novabond mixed with 1 part water. This will be applied with a roller, brush or spray. Allow to dry.
2. Dilute equal parts of Novabond and water. Use diluted Novabond in place of water in prepared concrete mix
Sand & Cement. Mix to desired consistency is obtained. Trowel into area and level. This repair should be rough, not smooth